Most of the international students have to get visa to study full time in New Zealand. Students who are looking for Study Visa of New Zealand must have all the required documents for visa process. We have tried our best to provide list of all documents required for New Zealand Student Visa below. But for more update knowledge student could visit New Zealand Immigration website. www.immigration.govt.nz
Student must provide their all past education documents. Educational certificates and the transcripts which includes:
- Class 10 & Class 12
- Graduation Certificate
- Post Graduate Certificate
- Other courses and Diplomas done
Ensuring 55% and above in all qualification can strengthen your case and uplift visa approval chances.
If you are working or have worked in the past, do provide all work references from your employers on company letterhead and any other documentary evidence to demonstrate you have been employed. The company address and phone number must be included on the letter.
Evidence of English language ability can be a very good indicator of how the student will manage the requirements of a New Zealand course that is taught in English medium.
We therefore, regard proficiency in English language as a positive indicator in assessing a student visa application. We strongly recommend that IELTS/PTE certificate is provided with the student visa application.
Two recent passport sized photograph (must be less than 6 months old) should be affixed to the visa application form.
All applicants who are above the age of 17 years and intend to stay in New Zealand for a total of more than 24 months must provide their Police Clearance Certificate. Certificates must be less than 6 months old at the time it is submitted to us. For applicants in India, only Police Clearance Certificates issued from the Regional Passport Office (The passport office which has issued your passport) of the Ministry of External Affairs or from the Office of Deputy Commissioner of Police are acceptable or contact the local police authorities.
a) Applicants, who intend to be in New Zealand for more than 6 months, must undergo a TB screening X-ray unless:
- they are pregnant; or
- they are under 11 years of age
b) The certificate should be no longer than 3 months old at the date of submission and the applicants must provide e Medical issue by panel doctors authorized by New Zealand Immigration.
For Panel Doctor List Click Here
Submission of TB screening and report and/or full medical report (as applicable) is a mandatory lodgment requirement.
All applicants must provide evidence of having sufficient funds available to maintain themselves throughout the period of their stay in New Zealand.
You can show that you have:
- A sponsor (a person, an organisation, or a government agency, which agreed to accept financial responsibility for you while you are in New Zealand), or
- A guarantee of financial undertaking.
- Student must have shown financial documents of total amount required as per the below table. Total Amount consists of Living Cost+ Tuition Fee.
We have mentioned here an example of calculations done by us to calculate the funds required by a student for New Zealand Student Visa. For more updated information student could visit New Zealand Immigration website.
|Duration||Living Cost||Approx. Tuition Fee||Total Amount Show in NZD|
|1 Year||15000 ( 1250 NZ per Month)||18000||33000 – 35000|
|1.5 Years||15000+7500=22500||27000||49500 – 51500|
|2 Years||15000+15000=30000||36000||66000 – 68000|
|3 Years||15000*3=45000||54000||99000 – 100000|
Financial stability and capacity of students plays very important role in Successful visa application. We have always seen that student make lots of mistakes in preparing and providing proper documents to prove their Financial capacity.
We have tried to provide brief information about this part of applications and we have always got maximum queries on this. Here is the list of financial documents accepted by New Zealand High Commission.
- Evidence of the funds held by student or on student’s behalf by his sponsor.
- Funds must be at least six months old.
- Funds could be in form of Fixed Deposit, Saving account, Post office saving, Public Provident Fund Accounts / Employers Provident Funds , National Saving Certificates or any other form which is approved by approved bank or financial institute.
- Student / Parents could also get Education loan / Personal loan from approved bank.
- Student could get sponsor from close blood relative. In that case student must have supply all the relation proofs to Visa officer.
Applicants are required to provide all evidence of Income and source of income of their parents and the person (Blood Relative) who is supporting students study while in New Zealand.
- Annual Income Document Like Personal Tax Returns / Form 16 / and Agriculture income proof issued or certified by the government authority.
- Proof of Employment and Salary statement in case of employment
- Proof of Agriculture land and sale purchase of Crops etc.
- Recent Business Tax Returns with balance sheet in case of Business man
Passports must be valid for 3 months beyond intended date of departure from New Zealand. Passports should be submitted in original along with the application.
International Students are required to hold acceptable insurance as a condition of their visa. An acceptable insurance policy is one which complies with the insurance requirements of the Code of Practice for the Pastoral Care of International Students and is acceptable to your education provider
TTS is the specialist company contracted by Immigration New Zealand (INZ) as a collection agent for visa applications. They don’t have and hold on visa success and deny, they just act as visa application collection center. Student must to pay some TT charges in form of Draft on the name of ‘TT Services’.
TTS forward your application to Immigration New Zealand Mumbai. The current student visa fee is Indian Rupees INR 14,300. The fee must be paid by bank draft. For Updated Visa Fee and New Zealand TT Charges student could visit https://www.ttsnzvisa.com/in-en/Fee-Detail/Service-Fee
Any documents not written in the English language must be required by a full English translation containing the information normally found in an equivalent New Zealand document. Translations must:
- Be certified as a correct translation made by a person familiar with both languages and competent in translation work.
- Be prepared and certified by a recognized private or official translation service.
- Bear the stamp or signature of the translator.
If student has fresh fund with source then he/she can apply under FTS (Funds transfer scheme). Under FTS Students are required to have up to NZ$15,000 for each calendar year while studying in NZ. For these students, the ANZ FTS is an option that they may consider along with other supporting documents to demonstrate that they meet the funds requirement as per the student visa instructions. Applicant provides a copy of the AIP (Approval in principle) letter to the ANZ Bank along with complete ANZ enquiry form. An account will be opened and account details will be sent to the applicant. The applicant then approaches their bank in India to remit funds to the NZ account. Under this scheme the student has to transfer at least 12 months’ living expenses to a bank account in New Zealand, in addition to paying the tuition fee for one year. The amount deposited by the student in the bank will be for 12 months and the student will be allowed to withdraw $1250 on monthly basis for the period of 12 months.