Australia is known for being the global leader in education.One of the main reasons that why students from around the world choose to pursue higher studies in Australia is that studying in Australia can be both exciting and overwhelming for international students.
There are more than 22,000 courses in 1100 institutions, providing good options for students to opt for a degree, training or a course. Here you can find below brief overview of Australia Qualifications Framework, which includes level, duration and IELTS requirement for international students. The AQF provides ELICOS, Vocational Education and Training (VET) and Higher Education Courses. Vocational Education and Training (VET) encourages students on providing skills for work and pathways to higher Education. The qualifications that you can attain at a university or higher education institution comes under Higher Education (HE).
The education system in Australia is different from other countries due to the Australia Qualifications Framework. The AQF is a national policy introduced by the Australian Government in 1935 that relates qualifications with each other i.e. the schools, vocational education and training and higher educations.
AQF is also a system of seventeen national qualifications of Australia in 3 different sectors:
• Vocational Education and Training (TAFE and private providers),
• Higher Education Sector (mainly universities).
Students might package their studies to combine a preliminary course with their main course of study on the one visa subclass. The subclass that applies to the package would be the one that corresponds to the main course. The student’s Assessment Level depends on the package of courses that they might apply for studying in Australia.
• If student opts for studying a package of courses, their Assessment Level relies on the country of their passport and therefore the highest Assessment Level that applies to any of the courses in their package.
• If student includes an ELICOS course in their study package, their assessment level depends on the country of their passport and therefore the highest Assessment Level that applies to any of the courses in their package with exception of the ELICOS course.
• If student opts for only main course in their study, their assessment level depends on the country of their passport and the Assessment Level applicable to the visa subclass of the main course.